Sunday 13 January 2013

Friendship Blues

Oh Brrrrrr it's such a chilly day today, a wee touch of sleety snow this morning but no sign of the proper stuff yet.  I'm busting to get making a snowman! (... yes, I was 6 years old last birthday LOL)

This card took me aaages to make, I'd bits on and bits off and still don't know if I'm happy with it or not.  I kinda wish I hadn't punched the wee red leaves.
The image is an old Gorjuss Girl from Sugar Nellie, but I gave her a wee smiley mouth from one of the Paper Smooches snowdudes sets.  Sentiment also from Paper Smooches.
Gorgeous new DP from My Minds Eye.

Layout from MFT Wednesday Sketch Club 106
Cute Card Thursday #251 - Beat the Blues
The Sugar Bowl #99 - anything goes
Allsorts #189 - dies and punches
Stamping Sensations January challenge - friendship
My Mum's Craft Shop January challenge - anything goes

12 comments:

Francesca said...

very Beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Kim said...

fantastic card Lynne - and love the smiley mouth! love the soft blues
Kim x

pinky said...

Gorjuss card lol, no really it is gorgeous and the sentiment is so quirky. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Lynne, love the image and pretty papers and colours. Hugs, Claire x

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card Lynne - and I think the leaves look just fine. Well done with the smile, I've tried adding features to the Gorjuss girls before but they've never been successful. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, glad you like the card. I'm in an inky phase right now but am getting very little time to craft. It's just started snowing here so that should make it interesting in the rush hour tomorrow! Hugs, Jo x

Patti J said...

Great card, Lynne! Love the soft minty green - a bright spot in this dreary day. Our weather actually sounds quite like yours! Hugs...

Benzi said...

I love the sweet smile you gave her. What a darling card with great colors.
Send me some snow, please. All we have for days on end are rain and clouds. I'm going bonkers. :-)

brenda said...

You can pop to my garden Lynne and you will have no problem making your snowman, we had lots of the white stuff overnight.

Very pretty card and love the little touches of red.

It's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge this month, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

MagsB said...

What beautiful soft colours! I like the leaves, they add a dash of contrast. And the Gorjuss girl is, well, gorjuss! Love her smily mouth!

love Mags B x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne this is beautiful I love that cute image also the wonderful colours and design that little touch of red really is effective.
hugs
lorraine x

Pami said...

Such a sweet card Lynne, love the colours! I bet you have a bit more snow this week! Thanks for sharing with us at the Sugar Bowl this month, good luck! Pami x

Erika said...

Hi Lynne love your colour combo and the wee butterfly. Thanks for taking part in the Sugar bowl and good luck, hugs Erika.