Tuesday 3 September 2013

Paper Pieced Thanks

Mmmm, just spent a lovely hour watching the Great British Bake Off on telly ... lots of gorgeous looking cakes and biscuits yummmmmmm.  Only downside is that I always end up rooting through my larder for something 'nice' (preferably covered in chocolate LOL)!!

I've no mojo at the minute, the layout of this card was inspired by one I spotted in the freebie digital issue of Paper Crafts, I LOVE this mag!

All images and sentiment from various Paper Smooches sets. I paper pieced my tree canopy, butterflies and apple, and added some bling for good measure!  The green panel at the bottom is popped up on dimensionals.
I used my Cuttlebug to die cut the wee tag (Taylored Expressions Tag Stacklets), then decided it was a tad too big so trimmed it down the sides and at the bottom!
Sorry for the pants photo ... the dark evenings are here already :(

CASology #60 - apple
Top Tip Tuesday #109 - paper piecing
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Cuttlebug Mania - back to nature
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes

12 comments:

Benzi said...

Oh, I love your fun paper pieced tree and the wonderful green panel. It's a great card.

Chocolate? You better stay out of the goodies. You know what that causes. DIETS!! Yuck...no fun there.

Patti J said...

That's a no mojo card? Seriously? Wow, dear girl...you rocked it! Cute as can be!

Kerry said...

Lovely card. I love paper piecing as you can make the same stamp look so different every time. Thank you for joining in at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

coops said...

so gorgeous lynne.fab image and i love your design :D

xx coops xx

Laura Sterckx said...

Cute card! I love the paper pieced tree, so cute! The grass is very fun as well! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge!

Ardyth said...

Love the paper piecing - beautiful choices! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Claire said...

I am loving the bake off! This is a fab card - love the design. Hugs, Claire x

Anonymous said...

Ohhh so different and love the idea! great you could play at Top Tip Tuesday too! hugs me x

Jannie said...

Love your card and love paperpiercing too!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

Cuttlebugs&Hugs
Jannie

Kimbo said...

I love your paper pieced tree - so colourful. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

Judy1223 said...

Lynne, you have combined such perfect patterned papers on your adorable thank you card! Love this scene and the dimension...so much interest! THank you for joining us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

Great paper piecing and I love the little apple on the tag! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!