Sunday 26 January 2014

Get Well birdie

These dirty marks on my camera lens are really bugging me, they show up so clearly on a card like this :(

This layout was inspired by one on Retro Sketches a week or two ago, and the scored lines inpsired by their designer Laurie's card.

I had intended my panels to be the other way round, but stuck my dimensionals to the wrong side of the smaller white panel and had to do a bit of fixing!
Paper pieced my birdie, and added clear gloss to his beak and hair ??? (... no idea what the little heart thing on his head is called LOL)

Pale blue/white colour theme and stripes inspired by the picture at the Be Inspired Challenge #46
Daring Cardmakers - earn your stripes
Sister Act Card Challenge #41 - anything goes
Crafty Girls #10 - anything goes
Fab 'n' Funky #200 - all about the words

12 comments:

Claire said...

LOL I love the way you have coloured him to match the border. Great card. Hugs, Claire x

Dotty Jo said...

Super cute! Love your description of that little heart thing on his head, Jo x

Bernice said...

A lovely card - I like the soft green background with the bold stripes. As the mother of a boy who loves his chickens I can reliably inform you that the 'thing' on top of a bird's head is called a comb, and the wee bits that dangle either side of their beaks are called wattles!!
Bernice

Pat K said...

Great get well card with such a cute image. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne
Sorry it's been so long!
Your card is very pretty, love the cute bird!
Hope you are well.
Hugs xx

Benzi said...

Cute bird and I like your striped border at the top. I think the heart on his head is just cute as can be.
My camera sometimes blurs at the bottom so I feel your pain.

Miri said...

That's a cool card. Thanks a lot for joining the Daring Cardmakers challenge.

verybellemakes said...

Such a cute little bird! Love the paper piecing, great way to add a little pattern to the card!

Thanks for joining the Crafty Girls challenge this week, hope to see you soon.

Victoria DT

Beccy said...

LOL he is sure to cheer someone not well up - thank you for joining our challenge at Fab n Funky

Beccy x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

eeekkk!!! This is adorable!!! I love the bird in stripes! Thanks for joining us at the TAWS BIC challenge!
Lisa

Anni said...

The bird in stripes is such a cutie! Love how you used the sketch!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Alley Way Be Inspired Challenge!
Annni

coldwaters2 said...

Super clean and simple style card Lynne I love that image he looks so quirky, lol.
hugs
lorraine x