Sunday 3 August 2014

A swimmingly good birthday!

I won this wee stamp from CC Designs aaages ago and don't think I've ever inked her up!  Oops!  I wish the sparkle had shown up in my photo ... I added glitter to her flippers, snorkel and glasses, and the sentiment and stars are sparkly too :)  I also used another couple of oldies ... my dotty embossing folder and my Tim Holtz edge die.

Layout inspired by the photo over at The Cutting Edge #6
A Gem of a Challenge #125 - embossing
CAS-ual Fridays #134 - Tic Tac Toe - I used dots / white / sequins
Stamping Sensations August - anything goes
Colour theme from The Card Concept #15 - clean and layering
Creative Inspirations #275 - here comes summer
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes

14 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne a little cutie for sure and I see the sparkle on his flippers when I clicked on the picture, fabulous clean and simple design that will bring joy to whoever receives it.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lynne, such an adorable image. I love the layout and wonderful embossing.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
Sue xx

Jackie said...

A delightful image and card. I am currently using oldie stamps myself :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and sooooo cute.
Luv
Debby

ChristineCreations said...

So cute! I love the star and sequiin elements to show this cutie off!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lynne, so cute, I love that embossing folder, think I may well NEED that one lol.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Benzi said...

Aha....just as I thought. My comment did not publish on this card. I made myself a note to come back and check.

The card is just the cutest and reminds me so much of my granddaughter. Does she ever love the water! Love those flippers.

Your embossing folder looks like bubbles of water...so perfect for this image.

I Card Everyone said...

Though I cannot swim a stroke, I do love this little snorkeler! I see the sparkle, for sure...
=] Michele

Kay Miller said...

What a darling card! That little girl swimming is too cute!! So happy you joined us at The Card Concept and The Cutting Edge Challenge! :)

Ardyth said...

Love how the background works so well with the sweet image! So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays and The Card Concept!

Lisa A. said...

This is such a wonderful card, Lynne!! LOVE the image...she is too cute, and the background is WONDERFUL!! So happy you were able to join the challenge this week at The Cutting Edge:)!!

Jingle said...

This is very sweet! Thanks for playing along with us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

itsallrosi said...

Beautiful coloring!

Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations.
Happy crafting,
Tracy x