Saturday 20 June 2015

Mara Mermaid Floats

I had a spare half hour today so thought I'd have another go at the MFT Summer School ... this one is for Lesson 2: Focal Point

This card is to send with a few Euros to my little niece who's off on her holidays shortly.  My cute mermaid is from Eat Cake Graphics ...
1056-I Mara Mermaid Floats
Coloured with watercolour pencils.
My BG is sprayed with cosmic shimmer mist ... I used a waves stencil from Simon Says Stamp, but I think I shouldn't have bothered as I didn't spray enough mist to show up the stencil!  Doh!
I've used some oooooold Dew Drops on this card, haven't used any of those for such a long time!

Sketch from Splitcoaststampers SC545
CASology #151 - kids
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - favourite product (water colour pencils)
Fab'n Funky #264 - gorgeous girls
Addicted to CAS #66 - splash
Penny's Paper Crafty challenge #232 - anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge #147 - summertime
Allsorts #316 - use a stamp
Stamp and Create June - summer fun
Daily Marker colouring Challenge June

14 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Your niece is going to love this happy card - and not just because it contains a few euros! Your coloring is fabulous, as usual, and I really like your spattered background. The sequins are a perfect embellishment, too.

Jackie said...

A delightful image and card :o)
Jackie xx

Ardyth said...

Such an adorable image! So beautifully coloured and full of fun! So gla dyou joined us at CASology this week!

Lin said...

What a fun little mermaid, Lynne! I know your niece will love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Dotty Jo said...

Great use of the sketch - I love that cute mermaid, Jo x

Kim said...

love the card and that cute mermaid image!
Kim x

Judy1223 said...

Wow, your coloring on that adorable mermaid is amazing!!! I love the blue splashes on the card base, a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How cute is your mermaid! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a cute little mermaid, Lynne! Love your background, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lynne this is absolutely gorgeous love, love that cutie image also the fabulous colours and card design, thank you for joining our challenge at FAB 'N' FUNKY this week.
hugs
lorraine x

Gillian R said...

aw how cute and beautifully coloured, thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

Mervi said...

Fabulous card, Lynne! Cute image and colouring.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts "stamp" Challenge,
good luck;-))m

Wendy Fraser said...

Fab, fun card, great design, thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx