Saturday 5 September 2015

Getting chalky with a Crazy Bird!

I'm always full of good intentions to try something new, so when I saw Emma's fab journal page over at the Simon Says Monday challenge, I was totally inspired to have a go!  Here's Emma's original.

I was super lucky to win one of the Simon Says challenges recently and this Tim Holtz birdie was one of my goodies - coloured with watercolours and clear gloss added to his eyes and beak.  I die cut a couple of circles to make a stencil and then chalked my background with purple, green, blue and yellow chalks.  I gave it a bit of a swoosh with glimmer mist and then flicked some watercolours.  I also did a bit of stamping in the BG and then added some white enamel dots and a few sequins.

I don't think I've ever done so much fussing over a background but I LOVE how this turned out ... I'll definitely be giving this style a go again! :)

Pile it On #84 - friendly hello
Get Creative #22 - no printed paper
Papertake Weekly- anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - make it colourful
Polkadoodles #36 - things with wings

ETA: I won at Pile it On! :)

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great, those birds are so much fun and your background looks fab, Jo x

Cheryl W. said...

I LOVE how this turned out, too. Your background is so pretty. Love the silly bird, too. Well, we're off on our trip in a few hours. Hope you have a great month. I'll pop in again when I can. Crafty hugs, Cheryl

Jackie said...

Brilliant, I really do love those crazt birds :o)
Jackie xx

Emma Williams said...

Hi Lynne!! Thank you so much for your lovely visit to my blog and for your kind words about my journal page, it meant so much to me!

Your card is FABULOUS!!! Of course, I love the bird but also love all the soft layers on the background and the shimmer from the sequins ~ you should be so proud of this project, it's a wonderful piece of artwork! :) xx

StephC said...

Love this! The mixed media feel is lovely, and the bird is too cute. Great card! So glad you shared with us at Pile It On!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Lynne, a lovely design and a super background created - I love the crazy bird and gorgeous details!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Bev said...

Oh I just love these crazy birds!! thank you for taking the time to join in with our 'things with wings' challenge at Polkadoodles http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/week-36-crafting-challenge-at.html

Teresa Kline said...

hello Lynne! super sweet background and birdie...this is the cutest card..great coloring and design!
so glad you played along with us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Karen L K said...

Well done Lynne! Love that bird and he looks great on the background.

Peanut said...

What a fabulous project, Lynne! Thanks for playing along with Things With Wings challenge .
x Asha (DT)

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

Stunning creation thanks for joining the things with wings fun over at Polkadoodles and good luck.
Anita (DT)
http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/