Sunday 13 September 2015

Whoot!

Wowee Sunday evening already, and it's almost dark here already .... though the best thing about the dark nights is definitely warm PJs and cosy slippers ;)

I haven't had a play with my Paper Smooches stamps for ages ... I've coloured my owl with watercolour pencils and clear gloss added to his beak, eyes and claws, and also to the moon.  I've also splattered some brown and red inks on my background.  I had a snippet of the brown DP left, so used it to paper piece my branch.  Owl and moon both popped up on dimensionals.

This card was looking a bit boring, until I remembered my little silver stars, and they just jazzed it up nicely!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Love this cute owl Lynne and the branch looks great paper pieced. The stars are a perfect finishing touch. Tonight I had to give in and get the throw out to cover my feet!! I'll be getting my boots out next :0(

Maura said...

This owl is adorable! I love how you have layered it up. Thanks for joining the Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp!

Tina said...

how cute is this card, adorable owl...thanks for sharing at pile it on

Jackie said...

Love that cute owl, a wonderful card :) Jackie

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, adorable owl card.
luv
Debby

Di said...

Oh what a sweet card Lynne - beautiful design and the owl looks so cute!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

This card is a hoot. Love all the layering.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Bernice said...

Love this wee owl, Lynne. The stars really work well to finish it all off.

Milka Gubo said...

Super super cute!!! Love your card! :-D
Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges this fortnight. I hope to see you again. :-D
Milka DT

Sally H said...

Oh wow, Lynne! What a wonderful card - great use of snippets!

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic card Lynne I love Owls so this is so lovely to see, I love the rustic colours and a fab design, super make.
hugs
lorraine x

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! This owl is adorable. Thanks for joining in our "Owls" challenge at My Time To Craft :)