Sunday 4 September 2016

Birthday Birdie and more calendar pages

 Sunday evening again, we'd a lovely day today, great for getting the washing out on the line, though the obvious down-side is the dreaded ironing ;)  Ah well, only a couple more weeks and I'm off on my jollies to Portugal, can't wait :) :) :)

This card was inspired by the CASE the Designer challenge over at Happy Little Stampers.  I used the same Tim Holtz stamp as Asa, but coloured mine to look like a robin, and kept the same layout of sentiment.

I also combined it with the Try a new technique challenge at AAA Cards.  I embossed some text in my background and then covered it with watercolours.  I'm not sure why some of the text went a bit blurry, maybe I had too much water on it?  Don't know.  Don't mind, I like how it turned out :)


I've also been cracking on with my friend's calendar for next year.  I have to keep them CAS as it's a tight enough squeeze to get them in the holder so there's no option to add in any layers or raised embellishments.  
January uses these Avery Elle fishies - covered them with my clear glitter pen and then added clear gloss and extra glitter to the bubbles and to their fins and the date too, so there's lots of sparkle on this!  I thought the 'hello' sentiment went well to welcome a new year! 
My friend usually goes on her hols in August, so that was the theme for the calendar page!  My images are from MFT - I should have stamped my tree a tad more to the left as the cocktail is a bit lost in it.  For my background, I chalked in some sand and some sea, and then added some chalked clouds.  

20 comments:

Patti J said...

Your friend is going to love her calendar, Lynne! SO cute!!! Gosh, I hope I'm your friend :) lol... Love your card too! Hugs...

Virginia L. said...

CUTE!!! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Jane said...

Great card and I love what you're doing with the calendar. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards and CC&S.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne I do love your calendar pages the images are just perfect for the month I am also loving the Birdie card the more I see these characters the more I like them.
hugs
lorraine x

Snowflakes and Lilies said...

Such a fun card and calendar. Must have been a lot of fun creating these. Thanks for sharing at Inspiration Destination and hope to see you again. Good luck.
- Khushboo, DT
http://snowflakesandlilies.blogspot.in

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love those Bird Crazy birds, and you have done a marvelous job with this card. I love the way the embossed text looks. It adds texture and interest. Great technique for this card. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

brenda said...

A beautifully bright and cheery creation for our 'Add a Sentiment' theme at Penny Black and More challenge and great calendar pages for Allsorts, thank you so much for joining us at both.

B x

karen h said...

Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S! Love the calendar page - how fun!

Sheryl said...

I love the effect you have achieved here. Gorgeous soft colours.
Good to have you with us at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xxx

Joyce said...

Oh, your bird is so very adorable and perfectly colored. And, a very cool job with those calendar pages. Thanks so much for playing along at HLS Case the Designer.

Debi said...

Great background for this CAS crazy bird card. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week. Hugs, Debi TT DT

Simply Angelic Crafts said...

Fab project Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles hugs Aly xxx

Rika said...

sweet card and a lovely calendar.

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mervi said...

Lovely calendar page and a fabulous bird card.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts and penny Black and more;-))m

Beverley said...

Lovely card and calendar pages - loving the watercolours too. Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous use of our challenge colours! Such cute images! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

Karon said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

Patti said...

Portugal!?! wow!! what a wonderful vacation you lucky duck! : ) Your card is great! I would like to try that background! what a perfect backdrop for your crazy Robin!! : )

Your two calendar pages are spectacular!! no one will be sad to turn the calendar page when there is so much ADORABLE to look at each month!

Patti

Shirley said...

Such a fun and pretty card. Tim Holtz birdies never cease to bring a smile to my face when I see them. Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month and we hope you will enter next month too.

Shirley