Sunday 6 November 2016

Shepherd boy

A quick visit to blogland tonight .... the last episode of Poldark's on shortly and I need to get the kettle on ;)

Tonight I have a Christmas card using this old stamp from High Hopes.  You'll have to trust me when I say it's much nicer in real life!  I had to brighten my pic a bit, so it's kinda lost the depth of colour in the sky - there's lots of grey, blues and purples here, and my green grass is a nicer shade than it looks here.  :(

I added lots of gold glitter to the big star and to the little shepherd's headband.  Silver mini stars from stash.  I should have stepped away from my card, but felt the need to add some white enamel dots and I really wish I hadn't.  Sentiment from Happy Little Stampers.

Day 6 of the Daily Marker 30 day colouring challenge

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this traditional card Lynne, what a gorgeous image. I really despair over taking photographs this time of year as the light is just rubbish so I sympathise with your plight xx

Patti J said...

Oh, Lynne, this is so pretty! Love everything about it, especially that gold star! Thanks for sharing :) Hope you got to see Poldark's! My kettle is on all day, come on over for tea!!!

Susan said...

Sweet image, beautifully watercoloured! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Cheryl W. said...

This is such a sweet Christmas card! I know what you mean about taking photos - I dread it when I have to take them on gloomy days.

Kath said...

A fabulous card and such a sweet image.
Kath x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous festive card Lynne the image is adorable I love it
hugs
lorraine x

brenda said...

It a super creation for our Christmas theme at Penny Black and More challenge this month, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Kuni said...

What a wonderful card.
Hugs
Kuni
my new challenge blog start on the 10th november and i hope to see you.
http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/

Inkyfingers said...

What a sweet and delightful card Lynne. I like the soft colours and your golden sparkly star!
Thanks for coming to play at Happy Little Stampers this time and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

SewPaperPaint said...

What an amazing stamp and absolutely precious card. Gorgeous! Hugs, Autumn

Mervi said...

Sweet image and lovely card.
Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m

Tracy said...


Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sherri Thacker said...

What an adorable scene! I love it!