Sunday 8 January 2017

Speedy Snail and some Guardsmen

We've had such a mild winter so far this year that the slugs are still out in full force in our garden, though I see we are due a bit of snow and some frost this week, so maybe that will sort a few of them out!

This card features the only type of snail I like ... the colouring in kind LOL  This is Speedy snail delivers the mail from Eat Cake Graphics.  I've added some clear gloss to his shell and some sparkle just beneath him for the slime {{yeuch}}

My general card theme and layout is based on this week's featured stamper over at Splitcoast - here's Pam's original.


And this one uses a little pack of HunkyDoryCrafts printed papers I won from Pixies' Snippets Playground a while back - it got lost (a.k.a. tidied!) and reappeared as if my magic today!  I just decoupaged the central soldier, added a gold peel off border along the top/bottom, clear gloss to their belts, and some gold sequins and that was it finished! 

15 comments:

Tiya-B said...

what a cute image, love the image and the great way you used it! The stitching detail and ties are wonderful

MagsB said...

Two very cute cards, Lynne! I'm not a fan of slugs and snails, but I'm definitely a fan of cute guardsmen!!!!!

love Mags B x

Sarah said...

Eugh...slugs!! Not keen on squidgy slimy things at all Lynne, but your sweet snail passes muster for sure!! The other day Bowie came inside carrying something in his mouth looking rather pleased with himself. When told to "drop" he produced a green caterpillar which he then rolled on!!! Nasty dog!! Love the little fellas on the second card too xx

Being Mrs Miles said...

Your card is adorable - I love snail cards. My gramma used to put saucers of beer in the garden for them and the slugs... it worked eeek! Its very cold here, all the snaily critters are fast asleep underground.

Lisa Lara said...

WOW what fun cards. I love that snail and your layout. Those soldiers just steal the show!

Cheryl W. said...

These cards are both so cute! Wish I could send you some of our cold weather! I am tired of it already. Had to go get some groceries today and nearly froze my face off running from the car to the store.

Kath said...

Two fabulous cards - love cute snail and the decoupage on the guardsman card.
Kath x

coldwaters2 said...

Two fabulous, fun cards Lynne love them both the images you have used are FAB
hugs
lorraine x

scrappymo! said...

Two cute cards. The clug is a cutie pie and I really like the decoupaged wee soldier in the middle on the second card.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Two superb cards here and just love that cute snail on the first one. Great take on the challenge and wonderful colourful design. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards this week. Sarah x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Love your snail card, he looks fab against the blue

Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination, hope you come back & join in again soon!
Hugs Shell xx

Di said...

Love both cards Lynne and it's great to see you using your prize as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Danielle said...

Great cards Lynne - I particularly love the snail! Great card design!
Hugs, Danielle

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards, I love the snail on the first and the guards on the second.

Sue xx

Coralynn Murray said...

I'm not a fan of real slugs either but you're sweet little snail on your card is adorable! Such a sweet card and your colouring is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!